Welcome to the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
A place where business meets pleasure, where your senses are indulged and your spirit is renewed, a place where your most pressing decision is shiraz or chardonnay. A mix of countryside charm and modern amenities, the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is designed for an unpretentious Santa Barbara wine country escape. Envelope your senses and renew your spirit in the serenity and beauty of the Santa Ynez Valley.
RENOVATION INFORMATION - Guest room and lobby area renovations are currently in progress and will be completed September 2nd, 2016 (subject to change). Renovation activity will be noticeable during this time. Work hours are 8am-6pm daily. Visit our Renovation page for a preview of our new look!
Relaxation in the Heart of the Santa Ynez Valley
Softly lit lanterns and our attentive staff welcome you to the Italianate country setting, just 2 hours from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. The well-appointed guest rooms are an oasis in the heart of the Santa Barbara wine country featuring modern touches like luxurious linens, flat screen televisions, wi-fi and iPod entertainment docking stations. When you're ready to reconnect, business amenities let you tune in and stay productive during your wine country escape.
Ease into your day with our award-winning breakfast buffet at the Starting Gate Restaurant. Do as little or as much as you would like - wander the grounds, relax by the pool, or take it all in from your private balcony. When the mood strikes, venture forth and explore everything the Santa Ynez Valley has to offer, from over 141 wineries to the scenic streets of Solvang, thoroughbred farms, world class beer tasting rooms, intriguing shops, gourmet restaurants, and endless events and activities. The contemporary, yet casual setting of the Starting Gate Lounge invites guests to settle in for a nightcap or enjoy the setting sun over the rolling hills of the Santa Ynez Valley.
For a truly memorable getaway in the Santa Barbara wine country that seamlessly blends casual comfort and sophistication, look no further than the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott.
4th Annual "Miracles Happen" Charity Golf TournamentPosted on April 5, 2016 - The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is proud to host the Fourth Annual "Miracles Happen" Charity Golf Tournament Friday, September 23, 2016. Proceeds from the tournament will benefit People Helping People Children's Health Services in the Santa Ynez Valley and Los Alamos. Register for the charity golf tournament
Easter Brunch BuffetPosted on March 9,2016 - Spring is here and the Marriott Santa Ynez Valley Hotel invites you to celebrate the seasonal rejuvenation with a special Easter Brunch Buffet on Sunday, March 27th, 2016! Read more on the SYV Blog
Taste of Solvang 2016Posted on March 8, 2016 - Experience a taste of Danish life in Southern California at the 24th Annual Taste of Solvang. Join us as the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott celebrates Danish heritage with modern Danish cuisines and traditional farm-to-table meals. The Danish Capital of America offers sweets, beers, wines, and everything in between. Read more on the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott - Blog
2016 Santa Ynez Valley Restaurant WeekPosted on January 10, 2016 - Back for its sixth year, the 2016 Santa Ynez Valley Restaurant Week is every food fanatic's dream! Beginning January 24, 2016, dozens of restaurants throughout the Santa Ynez Valley will be offering three-course meals for a discounted price of only $20.16! Appetizer, dinner, and dessert for only twenty bucks? Count us in! Read more on the SYV Blog
Santa Ynez Valley Romance PackagePosted on December 31, 2015 - Make your getaway to Santa Ynez Wine Country even more unforgettable with our cozy Romance Package.
Offering deluxe overnight accommodations for two, our Santa Ynez Valley Romance Package is a must for any couple. Guests receive a bottle of champagne or wine upon arrival, as well as delicious chocolate-covered strawberries. In the morning, a decadent breakfast buffet for two awaits at the Starting Gate Restaurant. Enjoy cooked-to-order omelettes, seasonal fruit, fresh juice, and more. Read more on the SYV blog
Solvang Restaurants Open on New Year'sPosted on December 28, 2015 - Everyone loves starting their New Year off with a great meal! However, that can sometimes be difficult since most restaurants are closed for the New Year's holiday. It's not impossible, though. Let's take a look at some of the best Solvang restaurants open on New Year's! Read more on the SYV blog
Christmas in Santa Ynez ValleyPosted on December 1, 2015 - December is here, which means Christmas is right around the corner! And according to TIME Magazine, Solvang is one of the most Christmassy towns in America. Check out some of the best events happening across Santa Ynez Valley this holiday season! Read more on the SYV blog
Feast Your Eyes on This Santa Ynez Valley Thanksgiving BuffetPosted November 6, 2015 - The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott Hotel invites you to a cozy Thanksgiving Day Buffet on Thursday, November 26th, 2015. This is the time when Santa Barbara County celebrates its autumnal bounty by serving only the freshest and most delectable cuisines from local growers. Read more on the Santa Ynez Valley Marriot - Blog
New ChargePoint Charging Stations Added to Marriott PropertyPosted October 13, 2015 - Following the immense success of the installation of Tesla charging stations in 2013, Marriott SYV has added two new ChargePoint charging stations to its property. With the use of electric cars on the rise, measures are being taken along the major coasts to ensure fast and convenient charging on the go, and we have happily followed suit. Read more on the SYV blog
October Events in Santa Ynez ValleyPosted September 30, 2015 - Tomorrow is October, and you know what that means! Autumn is here, and we have the line-up to prove it. Take a look at some of the best events happening across Santa Ynez Valley this October! Read more on the SYV blog
Celebration of Harvest Weekend 2015Posted September 22, 2015 - On October 9-12th, the Santa Barbara wineries will host the 25th Annual Celebration of Harvest Weekend at the Santa Ynez Mission!
This popular Columbus Day Weekend festival celebrates the year's grape harvest bounty across Santa Barbara Country. Throughout the weekend, select wineries host their own events, ranging from winemaker dinners and library tastings, to new wine releases and barrel tastings. A particularly anticipated part of the celebration is when vintners come together to share harvest tales and pour wine at the Festival Grand Tasting on Saturday, October 10, 2015 at Old Mission Santa Ines in Solvang. Read more on the SYV blog
Visit our blog to find the latest information on events and attractions in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Miracles Happen Charity Golf Tournament
Miracles Happen Charity Golf Tournament - Friday, September 23, 2016 - Sign in at 10:30 AM, Tee Time at 12 noon.
June 2016 Santa Ynez Valley Events
- Solvang Farmers Market - Every Wednesday in Downtown Solvang from 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm. More details!
- Blind Tasting Thursdays - Every Thursday at Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm. More details!
- "Wine and Wisdom"- Trivia Night at Sevtap - Every Friday night at the Sevtap Tasting Room from 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm. More details!
- Gardens of the World & Conejo Valley Botanic Garden Excursion - After lunch on your own, there will be a visit to a more natural setting of native California Plants in the Botanic Garden. June 2 from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. More details!
- Annual Wine Country Bike Trek - Choose from a 20, 30, 50, or 100k mile route (a one or three day ride) through the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley. This is a go at your own pace ride for cyclists of all levels and experience. June 3 - 5. More details!
- Santa Ynez Valley Arts "Art in the Courtyard" - Held at the Santa Ynez Valley Historical Museum & Parks-Janeway Carriage House. Saturday, June 11 from 11:00 am - 4:00 pm. More details!
- Viking Ship Collages - Explore life on the high seas and make your own paper Viking ship creation using recycled paper. Free. June 11 11:00 am - 1:00 pm. More details!
- Old Santa Ynez Day - This is an annual celebration where the Old West comes to life as the frontier town of Santa Ynez celebrates its birthday with classic parade, food and entertainment. June 11, 2016. More details!
- Solvang 3rd Wednesday - Held the Third Wednesday of every month, "Solvang Third Wednesday" is a special day in which more than 60 unique shops, restaurants, wine tasting rooms, activities and professional offices offer special sales and discounts. June 15, 2016. More details!
- Solvang 3rd Wednesday Wine & Beer Walk - For only $20.00 per person this event includes a ticket to sample two wines at five participating wine(and/or beer) tasting rooms, a specialty logo glass, and a map to help you navigate your way through all of the fun! June 15 from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm. More details!
- Comedy Night at Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company - Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company. June 16 from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. More details!
- Solstice Sundowner Benefit Party - Celebrate the year's longest day at the Solstice Sundowner Benefit Party with fun, fine food and local wines, entertainment, and the solstice bonfire. Saturday, June 18 from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. More details!
- Live Oak Music Festival - The 28th Annual Live Oak Music Festival is a three-day medley of camping, concerts, crafts, food and drinks. June 17 - 19. More details!
- Friday Night Winemaker Series - The last Friday of each month in 2016, a local guest winemaker will mingle with guests while pouring his or her wine, during a dinner service at the Los Olivos Wine Merchant & Cafe. June 24 from 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm. More details!
- Cars and Crafts - Arts and craft vendors line the Avenue of Flags in Buellton. Enjoy the beer tent, live bands throughout the day, and activities for kids, along with a classic car show. June 25, 2016. More details!
- Summer Sipping Passport - For this event, your "passport" will allow you to enjoy 20 one ounce pours from 12 participating wineries on the famous Foxen Canyon Wine Trail. June 25 at 11:00 am - June 26 at 4:00 pm. More details!
- Sunday Concert Series - On the last Sunday of every month, enjoy some music and wine at the Zaca Mesa Winery. June 26 from 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm. More details!
- Shrek The Musical - PCPA - Shrek the Musical brings all the beloved characters you know from the film to life on stage and proves there's more to the story that meets the ears. June 30 from 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm. More details! y April 28 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. More details!