The best in Santa Ynez Hotels - Welcome to Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
A place where business meets pleasure, where your senses are indulged and your spirit is renewed, a place where your most pressing decision is shiraz or chardonnay. A mix of countryside charm and modern amenities, the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is designed for an unpretentious Santa Barbara wine country escape. Envelope your senses and renew your spirit in the serenity and beauty of the Santa Ynez Valley.
A leading choice of Santa Ynez Hotels for relaxation in the Santa Ynez Valley
Softly lit lanterns and our attentive staff welcome you to the Italianate country setting, just 2 hours from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. The well-appointed guest rooms are an oasis in the heart of the Santa Barbara wine country featuring modern touches like luxurious linens, flat screen televisions, wi-fi and iPod entertainment docking stations. When you're ready to reconnect, business amenities let you tune in and stay productive during your stay in the top Santa Ynez hotel.
Ease into your day with our award-winning breakfast buffet at the Starting Gate Restaurant. Do as little or as much as you would like - wander the grounds, relax by the pool, or take it all in from your private balcony. When the mood strikes, venture forth and explore everything the Santa Ynez Valley has to offer, from over 141 wineries to the scenic streets of Solvang, thoroughbred farms, world class beer tasting rooms, intriguing shops, gourmet restaurants, and endless events and activities. The contemporary, yet casual setting of the Starting Gate Lounge invites guests to settle in for a nightcap or enjoy the setting sun over the rolling hills of the Santa Ynez Valley.
For a truly memorable getaway in the Santa Barbara wine country that seamlessly blends casual comfort and sophistication, look no further in Santa Ynez Hotels, Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is the top choice.
Fall Events in The Santa Ynez ValleyPosted August 19, 2016 - A flutter of golden color here. A swift red leaf there. The magical season when trees break out their paint brushes is on its way. From the festivals celebrating the roots of our heritage to the roots of our crops, come celebrate fall in the Santa Ynez Valley. Read more on the SYV blog
Labor Day in the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted August 17, 2016 - Labor Day, the long weekend that marks the unofficial end of summer, is nearly here. As summer orchards give way to fall harvests, hold on to one more ray of summer fun in the Santa Ynez Valley. What better place to spend these last long days than the tranquil valley of Santa Ynez with a glass of California's best wines within your reach? Read more on the SYV blog
Danish Days in SolvangPosted July 28, 2016 - Explore a truly family-friendly mix of tradition and modern Danish culture during Danish Days in Solvang. Experiencing the old-world, authentic charm of Solvang is always a great reason to visit but just in case you need a bit of a nudge, here are 10 reasons to explore Solvang this September 16 - 18! Read more on the SYV blog
Fall Weddings in Wine CountryPosted July 24, 2016 - Searching for a wedding destination that will leave you and your guests with an experience beyond compare? We invite you to consider Fall weddings in Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country. Our backdrop is the perfect blend of romance, wine and culinary delights, and outdoor adventure. A true feast for all the senses! Read more on the SYV blog
Live Summer Concerts in Santa Ynez ValleyPosted July 19, 2016 - Summer is in full swing and it's time to pair the sweet sounds of live Jazz, Blues and even Classic Rock with your favorite pour! Santa Ynez Valley's wine country offers a fantastic menu of summer sounds and it's not too late to sip and savor from them all. Here's where you can sip to the sounds of Live Summer Concerts in Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country:Read more on the SYV blog
4th Annual "Miracles Happen" Charity Golf TournamentPosted on April 5, 2016 - The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is proud to host the Fourth Annual "Miracles Happen" Charity Golf Tournament Friday, September 23, 2016. Proceeds from the tournament will benefit People Helping People Children's Health Services in the Santa Ynez Valley and Los Alamos. Register for the charity golf tournament
Easter Brunch BuffetPosted on March 9,2016 - Spring is here and the Marriott Santa Ynez Valley Hotel invites you to celebrate the seasonal rejuvenation with a special Easter Brunch Buffet on Sunday, March 27th, 2016! Read more on the SYV Blog
Taste of Solvang 2016Posted on March 8, 2016 - Experience a taste of Danish life in Southern California at the 24th Annual Taste of Solvang. Join us as the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott celebrates Danish heritage with modern Danish cuisines and traditional farm-to-table meals. The Danish Capital of America offers sweets, beers, wines, and everything in between. Read more on the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott - Blog
Visit our blog to find the latest information on events and attractions in the Santa Ynez Valley.
December 2016 Santa Ynez Valley Events
- Solvang Farmers Market - Local, seasonal, and certified bounty! Every Wednesday in Downtown Solvang at 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm. More details!
- Wandering Dog Blind Tasting Thursdays - Test your knowledge of varietals and regions each Thursday at Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang. 4pm - 7pm. More details!
- Solvang Julefest Tree Lighting Ceremony - Let the festivities begin! Christmas music, dancing ballerinas, and tap dancers perform along with Christmas tree lighting. December 2, 5pm. More details!
- Solvang Julefest Shop Mingle Jingle - Thousands of twinkling lights, open houses, special concerts, and much more throughout the village of Solvang. December 2 -4 and 9 - 11. More details!
- Visits and Pictures with Santa in his Village in Solvang Park - December 2 - 4, and 10 - 11. More details!
- Solvang Julefest Parade & Children's Performance- Christmas Play - Danish dancers, musical groups, vintage vehicles, horses, carriages and animals. December 3, 11am. More details!
- Old Fashioned Christmas in Los Olivos - A fun-filled day of activities for the entire family, including a variety of crafts and activities for the kids and shopping for adults. December 3, 4 - 8pm. More details!
- Buellton Winter Fest - Breakfast with Santa, an afternoon concert, and an evening of fun on the Avenue of Flags featuring 20 tons of snow for the kids, music, food, wine, beer, spirits, vendors, light parade, tree lighting, and Santa. December 4. More details!
- Santa Ynez 3rd Annual Christmas Tree Lighting - Enjoy the lighting of a 75-foot tall redwood tree, the largest Christmas tree in the Santa Ynez Valley, along with the arrival of Santa and Mrs. Claus, visits with Santa, live entertainment, cookies and cider. December 6, 4 - 5:30pm. More details!
- Paint in the Vineyard at Brander Winery - You'll be amazed at what you can create in just a few hours- even if you've never picked up a paintbrush in your life! December 10, 11am - 1:30pm. More details!
- 2nd Saturday Artisans - Shop original, handmade objects d'art. Chat with the artists and learn more about their history and process. Location: Los Olivos. December 10, 12pm - 5pm. More details!
- KidKraft: Christmas Village at Wilding Museum of Art and Nature - Nature-inspired crafts and environmentally friendly "upcycling" project for children 5 -13 years old. November 12, 2 - 3pm. December 10, 2 - 3pm. More details!
- Solvang's Annual Nativity Pageant - An elaborate stage presentation of the nativity story featuring live animals, musical accompaniment, and narration. December 10, 5 - 9pm. More details!
- Solvang Julefest 2-day passport Holiday Wine and Beer Walk - 2-day wine and beer tasting passport at more than 13 wine tasting rooms in Solvang. December 10 & 11, 11am - 4pm More details!
- Solvang 3rd Wednesday - A special day to holiday Shop, Eat (& Drink), and Play in Solvang. More than 60 unique vendors. December 21. More details!
- Solvang Third Wednesday Wine & Beer Walk - Enjoy tasting at 5 places of your choice for just $20 per person. December 21, 3 - 7pm. Location: Village of Solvang. More details!