Welcome to the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
A place where business meets pleasure, where your senses are indulged and your spirit is renewed, a place where your most pressing decision is shiraz or chardonnay. A mix of countryside charm and modern amenities, the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is designed for an unpretentious Santa Barbara wine country escape. Envelope your senses and renew your spirit in the serenity and beauty of the Santa Ynez Valley.
RENOVATION INFORMATION - Guest room and lobby area renovations are currently in progress and will be completed September 2nd, 2016 (subject to change). Renovation activity will be noticeable during this time. Work hours are 8am-6pm daily. Visit our Renovation page for a preview of our new look!
Relaxation in the Heart of the Santa Ynez Valley
Softly lit lanterns and our attentive staff welcome you to the Italianate country setting, just 2 hours from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. The well-appointed guest rooms are an oasis in the heart of the Santa Barbara wine country featuring modern touches like luxurious linens, flat screen televisions, wi-fi and iPod entertainment docking stations. When you're ready to reconnect, business amenities let you tune in and stay productive during your wine country escape.
Ease into your day with our award-winning breakfast buffet at the Starting Gate Restaurant. Do as little or as much as you would like - wander the grounds, relax by the pool, or take it all in from your private balcony. When the mood strikes, venture forth and explore everything the Santa Ynez Valley has to offer, from over 141 wineries to the scenic streets of Solvang, thoroughbred farms, world class beer tasting rooms, intriguing shops, gourmet restaurants, and endless events and activities. The contemporary, yet casual setting of the Starting Gate Lounge invites guests to settle in for a nightcap or enjoy the setting sun over the rolling hills of the Santa Ynez Valley.
For a truly memorable getaway in the Santa Barbara wine country that seamlessly blends casual comfort and sophistication, look no further than the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott.
Fall Events in The Santa Ynez ValleyPosted August 19, 2016 - A flutter of golden color here. A swift red leaf there. The magical season when trees break out their paint brushes is on its way. From the festivals celebrating the roots of our heritage to the roots of our crops, come celebrate fall in the Santa Ynez Valley. Read more on the SYV blog
Labor Day in the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted August 17, 2016 - Labor Day, the long weekend that marks the unofficial end of summer, is nearly here. As summer orchards give way to fall harvests, hold on to one more ray of summer fun in the Santa Ynez Valley. What better place to spend these last long days than the tranquil valley of Santa Ynez with a glass of California's best wines within your reach? Read more on the SYV blog
Danish Days in SolvangPosted July 28, 2016 - Explore a truly family-friendly mix of tradition and modern Danish culture during Danish Days in Solvang. Experiencing the old-world, authentic charm of Solvang is always a great reason to visit but just in case you need a bit of a nudge, here are 10 reasons to explore Solvang this September 16 - 18! Read more on the SYV blog
Fall Weddings in Wine CountryPosted July 24, 2016 - Searching for a wedding destination that will leave you and your guests with an experience beyond compare? We invite you to consider Fall weddings in Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country. Our backdrop is the perfect blend of romance, wine and culinary delights, and outdoor adventure. A true feast for all the senses! Read more on the SYV blog
Live Summer Concerts in Santa Ynez ValleyPosted July 19, 2016 - Summer is in full swing and it's time to pair the sweet sounds of live Jazz, Blues and even Classic Rock with your favorite pour! Santa Ynez Valley's wine country offers a fantastic menu of summer sounds and it's not too late to sip and savor from them all. Here's where you can sip to the sounds of Live Summer Concerts in Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country:Read more on the SYV blog
4th Annual "Miracles Happen" Charity Golf TournamentPosted on April 5, 2016 - The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is proud to host the Fourth Annual "Miracles Happen" Charity Golf Tournament Friday, September 23, 2016. Proceeds from the tournament will benefit People Helping People Children's Health Services in the Santa Ynez Valley and Los Alamos. Register for the charity golf tournament
Easter Brunch BuffetPosted on March 9,2016 - Spring is here and the Marriott Santa Ynez Valley Hotel invites you to celebrate the seasonal rejuvenation with a special Easter Brunch Buffet on Sunday, March 27th, 2016! Read more on the SYV Blog
Taste of Solvang 2016Posted on March 8, 2016 - Experience a taste of Danish life in Southern California at the 24th Annual Taste of Solvang. Join us as the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott celebrates Danish heritage with modern Danish cuisines and traditional farm-to-table meals. The Danish Capital of America offers sweets, beers, wines, and everything in between. Read more on the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott - Blog
2016 Santa Ynez Valley Restaurant WeekPosted on January 10, 2016 - Back for its sixth year, the 2016 Santa Ynez Valley Restaurant Week is every food fanatic's dream! Beginning January 24, 2016, dozens of restaurants throughout the Santa Ynez Valley will be offering three-course meals for a discounted price of only $20.16! Appetizer, dinner, and dessert for only twenty bucks? Count us in! Read more on the SYV Blog
Santa Ynez Valley Romance PackagePosted on December 31, 2015 - Make your getaway to Santa Ynez Wine Country even more unforgettable with our cozy Romance Package.
Offering deluxe overnight accommodations for two, our Santa Ynez Valley Romance Package is a must for any couple. Guests receive a bottle of champagne or wine upon arrival, as well as delicious chocolate-covered strawberries. In the morning, a decadent breakfast buffet for two awaits at the Starting Gate Restaurant. Enjoy cooked-to-order omelettes, seasonal fruit, fresh juice, and more. Read more on the SYV blog
Visit our blog to find the latest information on events and attractions in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Miracles Happen Charity Golf Tournament
Miracles Happen Charity Golf Tournament - Friday, September 23, 2016 - Sign in at 10:30 AM, Tee Time at 12 noon.
August 2016 Santa Ynez Valley Events
- Solvang Farmers Market - Every Wednesday in Downtown Solvang from 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm. More details!
- Blind Tasting Thursdays - Every Thursday at Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm. More details!
- "Wine and Wisdom"- Trivia Night at Sevtap - Every Friday night at the Sevtap Tasting Room from 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm. More details!
- Wine and Fire - Winemaking members of the Sta. Rita Hills Winegrowers Alliance showcase the wines they produce from the appellation, featuring an opening party Friday night, followed by a weekend of seminars, wine tasting and food. August 5 - August 7. More details!
- PCPA Presents Sense and Sensibility - With just the right mix of humor, romance, and happy endings, this classic novel comes to life on stage in this new adaptation of Jane Austen's popular work. August 5 - August 21. More details!
- Comedy Night at Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company - Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company. Friday, August 11 from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. More details!
- Santa Ynez Valley Arts "Art in the Courtyard" - Held at the Santa Ynez Valley Historical Museum & Parks-Janeway Carriage House. Saturday, August 13 from 11:00 am - 4:00 pm. More details!
- Solvang 3rd Wednesday - Held the Third Wednesday of every month, "Solvang Third Wednesday" is a special day in which more than 60 unique shops, restaurants, wine tasting rooms, activities and professional offices offer special sales and discounts. August 17, 2016. More details!
- Solvang 3rd Wednesday Wine & Beer Walk - For only $20.00 per person this event includes a ticket to sample two wines at five participating wine(and/or beer) tasting rooms, a specialty logo glass, and a map to help you navigate your way through all of the fun! August 17 from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm. More details!
- Therapeutic Riding's Cowboy Ball - Support therapeutic riding and have a great time with live music and a live & silent auction. August 20, 2016. More details!
- Friday Night Winemaker Series - The last Friday of each month in 2016, a local guest winemaker will mingle with guests while pouring his or her wine, during a dinner service at the Los Olivos Wine Merchant & Cafe. August 26 from 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm. More details!
- PCPA Presents In the Heights - In the Heights is an exhilarating musical about chasing your dreams and finding your true home. August 26 - September 11. More details!
- Wheels 'N Windmills Car Show - 300 plus vintage vehicles line the streets of Solvang for the Wheels 'N Windmills Car Show on Saturday, August 27. More details!
- Sunday Concert Series - On the last Sunday of every month, enjoy some music and wine at the Zaca Mesa Winery. August 28 from 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm. More details!